Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Read Below The Full Story, This Is A Very Motivating And Inspiring Story.

Please, Take The Time To Read This Article From The Beginning To The End, Don’t Skip Any Line.
Mr. Lucky Uduikhue, The Chief Executive Of Data-Point Microsystems Limited Is The Young Graduate Who Shunned Job Search To Create Employment.
What Lesson Can Our Youth Learn From His Example?





This is what Mr. Lucky Uduikhue said, I Quote.
“I ventured into private business because of my life experience and I knew I will make it one day. The usual thought during our school days that we will start making millions of naira immediately we finish school, should go away. Youths should not be in a hurry, but should focus on things that will improve their lives. Days are gone when people procrastinate .Some Think that it is easy to make it in life, without struggle, but they fail to understand that it takes total commitment and perseverance to excel. Had I waited for anyone to employ me, I think, I would not have been to this level by now. So, undergraduates and young graduates should learn to practice what they studied, and shun the attitude for waiting for already made jobs.”

Read Below The Full Story, This Is A Very Motivating And Inspiring Story.

Mr. Lucky Uduikhue is The Chief Executive Of Data-Point Microsystems Limited. He is also the publisher of Contact Sports Newspapers and The Executive Director of other establishments.

       His exploit as a young Nigerian has distinguished him from his peers. He studied Computer Science at the University of Lagos and graduated in 2002. While in school, he was busy nurturing his training outfit –Data –Point Computer Institute In Lagos.
    He took the pains to combine his studies with the business venture that catered for his educational demands and other needs.
   On graduation in 2002, Lucky did not wait to suffer the pains of being in the Nigerian labor market, what many graduates go through. Rather, he focused on his computer training mandate, which has today expanded to four branches after seven years.
   That was not enough to satisfy his longing for becoming A Successful Entrepreneur as he later expanded his quest and business ambition into publishing and today owns contact sports and other business ventures that have made him a Self-Made Man.


 Mr. Udiukhue revealed that Data Point Institute, a subsidiary of Data–point Microsystems Ltd started IT Training in September 2000 and officially opened for business in December 2001. It was incorporated as data-point Microsystems limited in 2003.
“I started Data-Point Computer Training Institute in year 2000, while an Undergraduate of Computer Science at University of Lagos. Having seen what Nigerian graduate suffer to get jobs, I was determined to nurture the business, hoping to earn a living with it, after graduation. The business really assisted me in reaching my educational demands and other needs. Meanwhile, it was the knowledge I had as an undergraduate that I put into practice then, and it helped me to a larger extent. “After my youth service in 2002, I did not look for any paid job, because I was convinced that with the knowledge I had, I can do it myself. Though, it was not easy, but I resisted, till I got to my present stage within seven years.
  The journey to my success today started in December 1997 with my admission into the University of Lagos to study computer science. My computer training centre is not only born out of professionalism and stimulation of empirical though. It is also a product of great effort inspired by the long absence of opportunities for the youths within the environment I found myself, to have knowledge of computer, for a total development in competing with their counterparts in other areas.
   So when I observed that about 65-75 percent of youths in areas like Apapa, Ikeja, Victoria island and Surelere were acquiring knowledge in one computer centre or the other, as against 5-10 percent of youths in Ajegunle, Olodi Apapa, Kirikiri, Amukoko, Ijora-Badia, Orile and their environs who, were in computer school, I was challenged to establish Data-point computer, in order to correct the imbalance. Today, the difference is clear, as my four computer training outfits have trained thousands of youths and afforded job opportunities to graduates. More than 35 workers are under my payroll. Not only that, I am grateful to God that he provided means for me to survive, without waiting for a paid job”.
     Aside Uduikhue’s contributions in the computer literacy of the youths, his keen interest in sport made him to invest in the sports newspaper of national standard called contact sport. The newspaper is presently making waves in proper dissemination of sports news and information.


I am also into Newspaper Publication. I own the Contact Sport Newspaper, a Lagos based media outfit, which is today a name in sport reportage across the country and beyond.
My aim of establishing the sport newspaper is to give sport lovers a voice and medium of awareness, encourage the young generation to sports.
We have local pages in the newspaper to encourage our readers at the grassroots and give them a sense of belonging, as well as making local club more attractive, like others outside the country.
I do not see our people supporting local football league in Nigeria instead, they fancy and promote European leagues. Therefore, contact sports newspaper is working towards changing the mindset of Nigerians towards supporting local sporting activities.
Uduikhue also observe that sports newspapers in Nigeria sell like any other good products in the marker due to the need for information and entertainment.  He notes that an uninformed society remains undeveloped.
He also revealed that the challenges he faced in school forced him into entrepreneurship.  Due to his zeal to create more jobs for the youths, Uduikhue expanded his business to include consultancy, advertising, telecommunication. etc. his words for the Nigeria youths is not to depend on paid jobs , but try to be self employed in other to reduce the spate of unemployment in Nigeria.
“I ventured into private business because of my life experience and I knew I will make it one day. The usual thought during our school days that we will start making millions of naira immediately we finish school, should go away. Youths should not be in a hurry, but should focus on things that will improve their lives. Days are gone when people procrastinate. Some Think that it is easy to make it in life, without struggle, but they fail to understand that it takes total commitment and perseverance to excel. Had I waited for anyone to employ me, I think, I would not have been to this level by now. So, undergraduates and young graduates should learn to practice what they studied, and shun the attitude for waiting for already made jobs.”

It is interesting to know that Data-Point Computer Institute is a member of Computer Professional Registration Council of Nigeria, Computer Societies Of Nigeria, Nigeria Software Association And Institute Of Analysts And Programming. While the CEO, Uduikhue, is a member of the Institute of


Directors of Nigeria and the Nigeria Institute of Management And Computer Society Of Nigeria.


Have You Been Inspired And Motivated By This Story? Then All You Need To Do Now Is To Act, Read The Quotes Below, You Will Be Inspired:

·  “The Truth That Makes Men Free Is For The Most Part The Truth Which Men Prefer Not To Hear” (Herbert Agar).

·  “Learning Is Defined As A Change In Behavior. You Haven’t Learned A Thing Until You Can Take Action And Use It” – (Don Shula & Ken Blanchard).


·  When A Man Has Put A Limit On What He Will Do, He Has Put A Limit On What He Can Do. – (Charles Schwab)



·  “He Who Deliberates Fully Before Taking A Step Will Spend His Entire Life On One Leg.” – (Chinese proverb.)


·  Talent May Be Given, But Success You Must Earn.



·  The Most Common Trait I Have Found In All Successful People Is That They Have Conquered The Temptation To Give Up. – (Peter Lowe).

Pass It On To Your Friends, Colleagues, Graduates & Undergraduates, Etc.
*************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

ReviewMe